Do this exercise five times a day and you’ll start thinking and performing better in no time
- Inhale deeply
- Exhale with a short burst (as if blowing out a candle). This helps activate your diaphragm, which most people don’t use.
- Exhale with a long, slow finish to empty the lungs. Breathlessness comes from not expelling enough CO2.
- Inhale, filling your lungs from the bottom to the top, instead of taking short sips. Most use a third of their lung capacity.
- Hold for a moment to allow oxygen to saturate the cells.
- Exhale slowly and completely.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for five minutes.